Friday, February 17, 2012

Survival of the Fittest

As a newly single lady in my upper  twenties, it is becoming more and more apparent that I cannot date just any old Tom or Jerry on the street. 

Back in the day, if I thought my local bartender was a hottie, I may let him take me out.  Or, if I thought the guy valeting my car was worth a drink, I’d let him buy me one.  Now, it’s a whole new ball game.

Upper twenties is the get serious age.  I now can only date guys who have established themselves.  They must work a good job, have good friends and live outside of a frat house. 

I’m allowed to have such criteria because I am established, have a good job, good friends and no longer live with 30 other girls in my sorority house. 

The problem, is it takes so much more work to find the kind of guys who make the cut.  It wipes away a whole selection of available men.  The good news, is I get to spend less time dating losers.


Oh being old is so much more complicated!!

No comments:

Post a Comment