Thursday, February 9, 2012

Holla at the Dolla.

Happy Thirsty Thursday my friends!!

I have a confession. I like love am obseesed need it to survive love to shop. But let me say, I am a damn good at it. I can find a discount to anywhere, scour vintage markets, and thrift stores, find online deals for free shipping and percentages off.


Though I complain about never having “enough” clothing, my closets are bursting at the seams.

To build your wardrobe the two-buck chuck way, follow a few of my shopping tips ….


  1. Retailmenot.com – This site lets you search by your favorite store, and has reader approved discount codes and the percentage of people it worked for. I've gotten some of my best deals online using them.
  2. TJ to the Maxx – or Marshalls, or Ross… you know what I’m talking about. Discount clothing. I’ve gotten some fabulous work clothes here. Designer dress pants, inexpensive winter coats. And by far the best for me has been the discount racks… almost “too” trendy clothing slashed to single digit pricing.
  3. While we are on the work clothes tip, one of my biggest tips is buy clothing with dual purposes. I know everyone won’t wear to work what they will to the club, but there is duality to most clothing. Even if it’s just a wild top you can tuck under a blazer or cardigan for the office, the more you are willing to double up the more money you will save.
  4. Join rewards programs. For me this specifically means DSW. But tons of places offer points when you continuously buy from them. I get $5, $10, $15 coupons to DSW in the mail all the time. And I can almost always find the exact shoes I want there.
  5. The key to this whole game is to scavenge, hunt, and score. I will NEVER buy something before I have checked at least 5 different sources. And combined multiple discounts…. Example: When I get a DSW coupon for $15 off, that will be my starting point. Because I am a rewards member I automatically get free shipping when I spend $35. Then I will determine if there are any other promos going on. I will then search Retailmenot for any codes anyone has posted and use as much as possible. My last purchase I got Free shipping, $10 off, and I found a code on Retailmenot that if I spent $49 I would get an additional $20 off. I ended up getting $100 worth of shoes, for about $30 bucks. DEAL. And my shoe closet gets another friend.
  6. Freebie tips : Nordstrom ALWAYS offers free two shipping, Zappos will ship OVERNIGHT for free, TJ Maxx gets their new shipments on Tuesdays, Alloy.com always has HUGE discounts on Retailmenot, Macys mailing list sends out crazy discount coupons that you can use to big ticket items. Your welcome.



I know that seems like a lot of work. But I think looking and feeling good is worth it. After all it leaves me more money for my wine.


No comments:

Post a Comment